Ali here ~
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
I have been wanting to participate in Top Ten Tuesday for a while, but I just haven’t made the time. When I saw today’s topic, I couldn’t pass it up!! I have a commonplace notebook that I try to write quotes in whenever one speaks to me. I love to look back and reflect on them from time to time. So, I’m super excited to share ten of my favorite inspirational and/or thought-provoking quotes.
1. “Hope is not illusion.” ~ Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
2. “War, Etienne thinks distantly, is a bizaar where lives are traded like any other commodity: chocolate or bullets or parachute silk.” ~ All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3. “People liked religion but they didn’t want to have to exercise any faith. Religion was comforting with all its structure and its rules. It made people feel safe. But faith wasn’t safe. Faith was hard and uncomfortable and forced people to step out on a limb.” ~ The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon
4. “Forced independence has a way of making your stronger, more confident, more comfortable in your own skin.” ~ You Think You Know by Melinda Harris
5. “You’ll never be able to find yourself if you’re lost in someone else.” ~ November 9 by Colleen Hoover
6. “Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.” ~ If I Stay by Gayle Forman
7. “I am only trying to call attention to a fact; the fact that this year, or this month, or more likely, this very day, we have failed to practice ourselves, the kind of behavior we expect from other people.” ~ Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
8. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” ~ Like Candy by Debra Doxer
9. “But if you consider all the unlikely things together, at least one of them will happen to each of us.” ~ Paper Towns by John Green
10. “The happiness of all evil-minded is black.” ~ Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
I have sooooo many more, but I’ll save them for another day.