Title: Shatter Me
Series: Shatter Me, #1
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: Nov 15, 2011
Blurb: Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.
The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.
The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.
Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.
I labeled this a discussion post because it will most definitely have spoilers in it. And, I’m late coming into the game for this series, so I know many of you have already read it. I thought I’d share my likes and dislikes and just some general opinions.
- Super short intriguing chapters that keep you interested and make for a quick, easy read
- I liked all the characters
- I especially liked the villian, Warner. I feel like there’s an interesting story brewing with him.
- I like that I love Adam, and yet I’m not sure that he is the one for Juliette. (Is it bad that I have Warner calling my name???)
- I like how the plot slowly unraveled to show that everyone was looking for her.
- I think there might be a hidden agenda with Adam. There doesn’t have to be, but I like that I’m left questioning it.
- I can’t wait to read the next book!!
- Not sure I liked ALL the sexual tension so quickly, but maybe that’s why I have a little thing for Warner??? Maybe I’m just crazy – especially since Warner was feeling the same way.
- I would have been a lot less trusting in Juliette’s shoes.
- Not sure how I feel about Warner and Adam both being able to conveniently touch her.
So that’s all I can come up with right now. I should have taken notes while reading this one. Oh well! I’d love to hear your thoughts on this one – just please no spoilers!!