Ali here ~
Here are the challenges ~
1. Read one of Jane Austen’s six novels
We will be doing group readalongs of two of her six novels:
Sense and Sensibility: 1st – 14th of July
Northanger Abbey: 15th – 28th of July
I’ll be reading Northanger Abbey. It is the only Jane Austen novel I haven’t yet read, so this is perfect! I’d really love to participate in both readalongs, but I need to be realistic here. I’m already participating in Medieval-A-Thon, too.
2. Read something by Jane Austen that is not one of her main six novels
I have heard wonderful things about Lady Susan, so I can’t wait to read this!!
3. Read a non-fiction work about Jane Austen or her time
I found this quick and free read on amazon that I haven’t yet read, so I thought this would be perfect – especially the quick part, since I have so many books I want to read in July and many of them are rather thick!
4. Read a retelling of a Jane Austen book
This seems light and fun, which most of my July TBR will be lacking.
5. Read a book by a contemporary of Jane Austen
Charlotte just barely squeezed into Austen’s timeline, but she made it. I’ve had this book sitting on my shelf for a long time and it fit nicely into both readathons. Two for one!!!
6. Watch a direct screen adaptation of a Jane Austen book
My mother bought me this movie quite a while ago, but I’ve yet to enjoy it because I hadn’t read the book yet. So, this is another reason I’m excited about Jane Austen July!
7. Watch a modern screen adaptation of a Jane Austen book
I loved this movie long before I ever realized it was a modern Emma adaptation, which just endeared it that much more to me. Emma is one of my all-time faves!!
Are any of you participating in Jane Austen July or any other fun bookish things for the month???