Ali here ~
Title: Ink & Lies
Author: S.L. Jennings
Release Date: Feb 9, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
From International Best Selling Romance Novelist, Hope Hughes, comes a gripping, heartfelt tale of two lovers, fighting for the freedom to…
No. Scratch that. Too cheesy.
…two people, torn apart by the tumultuous tides of life, only to discover refuge in…
WTF? What does that even mean? DELETE.
…two people, confused as shit as to where they should be and who they should love and none of this means a damn thing because it’s all lies!
I’m not Hope Hughes. I’m not some fierce woman romance machine. Hell, I’m not even a woman.
I’m a liar.
And while I refuse to believe my own BS, deceit masked in heartfelt phrases of love and devotion, I want to make her believe them. Because maybe—just maybe—if she can find the soul within my words, she’ll also be able to find the truth scribbled on my heart.
You see, I once lived for the perfect plot twist.
I just never expected to actually live it.
This is my story. Well, maybe her story. I just wish I could make it our story.
The one I’m still writing.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Good pacing
- While it didn’t steal my attention from page on, after a couple chapters I was hooked and couldn’t put it down
- Best friends to lovers (my absolute favorite trope)
- August has a unique voice
- I love that most of the book was from his perspective
- I love that HE was a romance author
- I loved their love for books
- I loved their obvious love for each other
- August’s big gesture – swoon
- The Feels
What I Didn’t Love
- It took him way to long to step up to the plate
- He didn’t value the intimacy of sex
- Fi’s reaction to his big gesture – just UGH!!!
- I wanted just a little more romance – a bit more action to back up an epic love (or less action concerning others)
- I wanted some more punch to the Feels
Overall, I really enjoyed this book. I think having most of it from August’s unique perspective just made this book for me. It was my first read by this author, so I’m looking forward to reading more! 4.5 Stars!
Have you read Ink & Lies? What did you think???