Ali here ~
Title: Bound By Blood
Series: Cauld Ane #1
Author: Piper Davenport
Release Date: July 25, 2017
Genres: Paranormal Romance/Fantasy
Blurb: Dr. Samantha Moore is one of the youngest and most acclaimed researchers in the world. Her specialty is blood and she has been recruited by the largest pharmaceutical company in Scotland. For what purpose she cannot begin to imagine, but in an attempt to break out of her painfully shy shell, she throws caution to the wind and leaves her family and best friend behind in Savannah.
Dr. Kade Gunnach is taking a chance hiring an outsider, but he’s desperate to find out how to help his sister. He believes the key lies in her blood, but so far, no one has found the answers. When the new researcher walks into his office, he’s unprepared for his reaction to her and the life-changing ramifications her arrival brings. They’re drawn together by a force neither is prepared for, but Kade is holding something back. Something that could scare her away.
When Samantha learns his secret, will she run?
Will Kade be able to live with the answers he’s been desperately searching for?
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Near immortal Vikings! Love the uniqueness of this paranormal element!
- The dynamic plot ~ There are so many things building. You get some answers with this book, but there are plenty of questions that I can’t wait to have answered!
- This goes along with the dynamic plot ~ the mystery
- Sam’s faith ~ It’s only a very minor thing in the story, but I still liked it.
- The boss man trope and it’s unique spin
- You can feel the love!
- The little bits of humor
- Several little twists
- I can’t wait for the rest of the story!
- Cool quotes ~
I’m not even saying you have to have a relationship with her, but if you hate her, it’s like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.
****What I Didn’t Love****
- In the beginning we’re told that they share things about their lives. I would have rather had that play out than be told.
- I don’t like that she continues to see another guy as a friend when it’s clear the other guy wants more.
- It ends a little too abruptly.
While I didn’t like being told about Sam and Kade sharing things with each other, I still felt their connection. It’s an instalove story, but it fits with the paranormal element. And I didn’t like that Sam continued to carry on a small relationship with another guy, I saw that he plays into the plot in other ways. And if you’re anti-triangle, don’t fret, because that’s not really what’s happening here.
All in all, I really enjoyed this one. It was my first Piper Davenport book, and I’m really looking forward to finishing this series! 4 Strong Stars!!!!
Have you read Bound By Blood or any of Piper’s other books/series? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?