Ali here ~
Title: My Brother’s Billionaire Best Friend
Series: Billionaire Collection
Author: Max Monroe
Release Date: July 16, 2019
Genres: Contemporary Romance
She leaves behind her parents, Betty and Bruce, her brother, Evan, a laptop filled with one too many Jason Momoa memes, and a Kindle library with more books than one human being could ever finish in a lifetime.
Cause of death: a text message.
Okay. So, I didn’t die.
But I may as well have.
One minute, I’m a woman trying to find her way in the world, and the next, I’m the sender of six of the most embarrassing text messages that have ever been sent in the history of time–or the cell phone. Whatever.
We’re talking code red, send a flipping mayday, the apocalypse is coming kind of texts.
And I didn’t just send them to some random person I’ll never see again.
No. That would be too easy.
I sent them to Milo Ives.
The man who played a starring role in all of my teenage fantasies–and my brother’s lifelong best friend.
And, boy oh boy, has he grown up.
He’s hard-bodied, blue-eyed, jawline-of-stone handsome, crazy successful, and has more money in his bank account than my brain can fathom.
Deflower me, please? I said.
Yeah. Send help.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Great pacing
- Quicky addictive
- I laughed out loud ~ a LOT!
- Maybe’s awkwardness – it’s hilarious!
- Lena! Maybe quickly picks her up as a BFF, and she’s just fun.
- The fact that her nickname is Maybe.
- I like that Milo’s a little pushy with her when he needs to be, but he doesn’t go too far.
- The incredibly slow burn!
- Maybe LOVES books!!
- Some totally hot scenes with all that chemistry.
- This book should have come with a warning label! Don’t read unless you have a very large block of uninterrupted time ahead of you because you won’t be able to put this down, not even when you need some precious sleep!
- Milo is an absolute total sweetheart. He wants love with her before sex, and that is just my absolute favorite thing about him.
- Cap’s appearances in this book. While he’s a minor character, I loved him and his huge personality! I can NOT wait to read his story!!
- Bruce Willis, Maybe’s dad and all the crazy stuff that comes out of his mouth!
- Hilarious quotes (P.S. This quote has nothing to do with swimming….) ~
I want to jump in your pool water and float on your big noodle raft.
What I Didn’t Love
- When Maybe first sees Milo after coming back home, she’s stumbling all over herself and can’t even manage to talk to him. This was quickly dropped and she became much more assertive. So, I didn’t care for the fact that she was that way to begin with and that she seemed to change so quickly. However, this takes place in the beginning of the book, and if it wasn’t for the note I made, I never would have remembered it.
- Milo keeps referring to Maybe as Kid. I know it’s meant to be cute, but for me it was a little weird him calling the girl he loved, Kid.
- A couple scenes stopped before I was ready for them to. I wanted to know what happened next!
Have you read My Brother’s Billionaire Best Friend or any of Max Malone’s other books? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?