Ali here ~
Title: Fallen Crest High
Series: Fallen Crest High #1
Release Date: Oct 31, 2012
Genres: NA Contemporary Romance
Mason and Logan Kade are two brothers who did their own thing. They were rich and expected to attend her school, Fallen Crest Academy. They chose public school and now Samantha has to live with them. The problem is that she doesn’t care at all: about them, about her friends, about her cheating boyfriend, or even about her parent’s divorce. But maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe change is a good thing.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Great pacing.
- Quicky addictive!
- Crazy intense.
- Lots of drama.
- Both Sam and Mason have crazy family lives. Samantha has especially has more to deal with than anyone ever should. She loses everything all at once. It’s horrible, and my heart went out to her. She draws you in further by rising up to the challenges. She recognizes the need to learn from the mistakes of others.
- Mason and Logan are bad boys. While I don’t at all recommend them in the real world, they can sure make for exciting reading.
- This is a love/hate thing for me: Mason works Sam up so high and then dumps ice water on her – metaphorically speaking, of course. It happens over and over. It builds the tension up mighty tight, but makes you feel like you’re going insane, too.
- The taboo relationship/stepbrother
- Logan is an side character. His presence is so strong that I’m not even sure you can call him a side character, but he’s sweet, funny, and sensitive. I sure hope he gets his own HEA!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- Sam doesn’t have enough self-respect in the beginning.
- Lack of communication between Sam and Mason.
This is one of those books that feels a bit dark. I just tend to have a love/hate relationship with them. What draws me in also throws me off. I just don’t have any other way of explaining it. But, it’s so completely addictive to me. This is definitely similar to Meagan Brandy’s Brayshaw High series, so if you’re a fan of that series, then I think you’ll enjoy this one. And a shout out and thanks to A Novel Glimpse for the recommendation! 4 stars!
Have you read Fallen Crest High or any of Tijan’s other books? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?