Ali here ~
Title: Fallen Crest Family
Series: Fallen Crest High #2
Release Date: June 18, 2013
Genres: NA Contemporary Romance
Samantha and Mason are together. Everyone knows it. Not everyone is dealing with it. While Mason’s ready to give them the middle finger, there’s one not going away. Her mother. Threats are issued. Ultimatums are given. Even blackmail is used, but only Samantha can put a stop to Analise. However, when a trauma from her past is triggered, she may not have the courage or strength to do what’s needed. If she doesn’t, Mason’s future could be destroyed.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Great pacing.
- Quicky addictive!
- Crazy intense.
- Lots of drama.
- Mason and Logan are bad boys. While I don’t at all recommend them in the real world, they can sure make for exciting reading.
- The taboo relationship/stepbrother
- Logan is an side character. His presence is so strong that I’m not even sure you can call him a side character, but he’s sweet, funny, and sensitive. I sure hope he gets his own HEA!
- Steamy! (Ok, up to this point, all of this is a repeat of what I said about the first book, Fallen Crest High. However, it’s all still applicable.)
- Here’s where things change and for the good ~ Sam and Mason communicate. There are still issues that they are avoiding. But, they talk. You can really see a true and fierce connection between them.
- Mason encourages her in many ways including her future, friends, and job. He’s not selfish but is still so totally alpha!
- Quotes ~
I’m not a saint, I know that, but when I love someone, I love them with everything.
***What I Didn’t Like***
- I noted in one scene that one of the characters seemed to have a personality change. It was just one scene, though.
- There was just one weird moment when Sam is talking about just how close her and Mason are physically. It was just one line, but it was weird. LOL!
- Sam’s mother’s issues seemed to be thought up for this book. In one aspect that would be okay, but it didn’t transition smoothly to make up for the development.
While I enjoyed Fallen Crest High, Fallen Crest Family definitely sucked me in further with the deepening connection between Mason and Sam. All of the cards stacked against Mason and Sam really have you cheering them on. And Logan, poor Logan, I just can’t wait for good things to happen for him. Definitely looking forward to the rest of the series! 4.5 stars!
Have you read Fallen Crest Family or any of Tijan’s other books? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?