Ali here ~
Title: I Hate You
Series: I Dare You #3
Release Date: Aug 17, 2019
Genres: NA Contemporary Romance
WSJ bestselling author Ilsa Madden-Mills returns with an all-new, enemies-to-lovers second chance romance between the football hottie and the feisty nerd girl he can’t forget.
I want you . . . even when I hate you.
Blaze Townsend: I hate you.
Charisma Rossi: I hate you more.
She’s been expecting this ever since their latest showdown. She had good reason.
Hottest guy she’s ever seen.
Dumped her in front of all her friends.
At her own party.
So no, she’s not about to forgive and forget just because he sits next to her in class. He thinks all he has to do is turn on those baby blues, and she’ll melt right back into his arms. Please. She’d be crazy to let this cocky player affect her again. (Tell that to her body.)
Brainy girl with a dash of bad.
The one who got under his skin.
The one he cut loose.
Blaze knows she’s the riskiest prospect at Waylon University, but none of the interchangeable girls he hooks up with have ever made him feel the way she did. There’s absolutely no way he can have the girl and the game.
So why can’t he stop trying to win her back?
Can this wide receiver score the girl or will he make the biggest fumble of his life?
*Steamy and flirty with all the emotional feels, I Hate You is a new adult standalone romance.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Great pacing.
- Quicky addictive!
- While it says enemies-to-lovers, it’s actually a lovers to enemies-to-lovers, which makes things interesting.
- I like her name, Charisma, and nickname, Charm. And while I’m at it, Blaze is a cool name, too!
- I like Blaze’s don’t give up attitude concerning himself even after all the yuck he’s endured.
- I like that it showed you shouldn’t use your parents’ poor behavior as an excuse for anything in your life.
- Some very hot and steamy scenes! They have great chemistry.
- It made me laugh! A lot and out loud!
- The hilarious Vampire Bill! I’ll leave this here without explaining. Don’t want to ruin any of the fun for you.
- The ending/new beginning that Blaze gets. He so deserved it.
- Some fun quotes ~
“You have your entire life to be a jerk. Why not take tonight off?”
***What I Didn’t Like***
- Some of the actions and feelings didn’t line up for me. Some of this was addressed and later had me feeling better about things.
- I wanted Charm to show a little more self-respect in the beginning.
Overall, while it has a few minor faults, it was so worth the read! It’s definitely a great book for those of you rom-com lovers. 4.5 Strong Stars!!
Have you read I Hate You or any of Ilsa’s other books? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?