Ali here ~
Title: The Billionaire Book Club
Series: Billionaire Collection
Author: Max Monroe
Release Date: Sept 10, 2019
Genres: Contemporary Romantic Comedy
The Billionaire Book Club Questionnaire
#1: Who is your least favorite character in the book?
Me—Caplin Hawkins. I am an absolute idiot.
#2: Who is your favorite character?
Gorgeous, addictive, insanely challenging Ruby.
She’s smart, driven, self-confident, and so beautiful, she makes my chest ache.
#3 What is your biggest takeaway from the story?
Ruby Rockford and I are meant to be.
I just have to prove it to her.
For the entirety of my adult life, I’ve been content.
Content in my single lifestyle, content in my stressful-but-extremely-successful job as the main corporate counsel for almost every Fortune 500 company in North America, and content in my playful, spontaneous ways.
I had no idea it was possible for someone to change my mind.
The endless women and work are no longer enough, and just as Ruby Rockford told me—it’s about time I grow up.
It’s going to take a strategic attack from more than a couple brilliant minds to win her affection, but luckily, I know exactly where to find the right guys for the job…
The Billionaire Book Club.
It’s safe to say that I, Caplin Hawkins, the man most women would call The Ultimate Player, have finally met my match, and man oh man, has my end game changed.
I’m coming for you, Ruby.
And soon, you’ll be coming for me, too.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Great pacing.
- Quicky addictive!
- One of the most hilarious ways for a hero to meet his heroine!
- Hilarious all the way through! Lots and lots of laughs! Don’t read in a public place, like work, if you’re going to get into trouble for laughing out loud. Even if you think you can control yourself….
- I like that Ruby has a legit guy friend. There’s zero triangle stuff going on. He doesn’t play a big role in the story, but I liked the dynamic.
- And comparable to that, Caplin has one hilarious working relationship with his assistant, who isn’t actually working in this book as she’s out on maternity leave. And again, there’s no triangle stuff going on.
- I LOVE the lengths that Caplin goes to in order to track down Ruby! And all in the name of a hook-up!
- I love Caplin’s unrelenting pursuit of Ruby! He’s very persistent.
- I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how Ruby handles the crazy women that call for Caplin at work!
- Caplin’s grand gesture. Let me just say I was kind of in love! It’s epic!
- The unauthorized note at the end. I’ll just leave you with the fact that it’s very entertaining. Make sure you don’t miss it!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- The way the book club started was unbelievable. But, it was still so thoroughly entertaining that it didn’t much bother me.
- When they finally hook up the first time, I just didn’t feel anything. It lacked steam and intimacy for me.
- I wanted a little more feels in the romance dept.
While there were just a couple things I thought could be improved upon, I still so very thoroughly enjoyed this book and highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys a good romantic comedy!! It won’t disappoint! I just can’t wait to read another Max Monroe! 4.5 Stars!!
Have you read The Billionaire Book Club or any of Max Monroe’s other books? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?