Ali here ~
Title: Fallen Crest Public
Series: Fallen Crest High #3
Release Date: Dec 30, 2013
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Blurb: Sam’s first day at Fallen Crest Public doesn’t go well. Some girls want to be her. Some girls want to destroy her. And some just don’t like her. All in all, despite being protected by Mason and Logan, it’s still only the strong survive. Sam will not only have to survive, she needs to learn how to conquer too, but there’s another battle growing. Things are about to come to a disastrous end between the towns, Roussou and Fallen Crest. Sam’s other main dilemma? Keeping Mason and Logan from getting arrested or hospitalized.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Quickly addictive, as is the case for all the books in this series. It’s gripping and full of high intensity drama from start to finish. It’s action packed!
- I would often get frustrated, but then Tijan was great at making me understand and sympathize with the madness.
- An enemy becomes an ally, and a sweetheart. So happy for this twist! And on that note, there’s a reconciled relationship that made me soooo very happy. And a new relationship is formed that I see is so very important for Sam.
- Even when at their worst, Tijan makes you love these characters.
- The feels! This book brings on so many emotions!! Love, sadness, horror, repeat!
- Heather! She’s an awesome friend, and I’m excited for her story!
- Logan! Still can’t wait to read his book!!
- The complexity of so many characters!
- Not ever having a clue what was going to happen next.
- Trying to figure out Nate’s character…good guy? bad guy? He keeps you guessing.
- Sam makes an awesome and big decision!! One that so many people having gone through the horrible brutality that Sam does, would never make. She becomes a bigger person!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- It starts with a sex scene. I’ve never been a fan of this. That being said. It was still a hot and steamy scene.
- I didn’t like the secrecy and lies. It felt like they were going backwards. And Mason was being a jerk about things at times, too. And why the lies from Sam? They just didn’t make sense most of the time. Also, Mason’s pride was a downfall at times.
- The desperate need for revenge, and the way he carries it out. It’s brutally ugly. I’m all about bad boys in books, but I like to see them redeemed. Mason just doesn’t seem to be learning fast enough. I still have hope for him, though.
- Cheating that isn’t really cheating??? I don’t want to give away any details here. But, NO.
As usual, I have a love/hate relationship with this book. There are so many things that drove me nuts, but it was so completely addictive, and I care about these characters! So, I just can’t bring myself to give this book less than 4 stars!
Have you read Fallen Crest Public, or any of Tijan’s other books? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?