Ali here ~
Title: The Billionaire Boss Next Door
Series: Billionaire Collection
Author: Max Monroe
Release Date: May 15, 2019
Genres: YA Fantasy
Blurb: My new boss has it all. In spades.
Gorgeous green eyes? Check.
Hard-and-sexy body? Check.
Success? A big fat billionaire… Check.
Too bad I haven’t started out on the best foot.
My big mouth has already turned him against me, and tempting good looks and success aside, Trent Turner is no peach either. He’s stubborn and thick-headed, and son of a fruitcake, he thinks he knows everything there is to know about the hotel business.
With him running the development of the new Vanderturn New Orleans Hotel and me doing the design, our work relationship is far too intimate for two people who absolutely despise one another.
But that’s not all.
See, he isn’t just my billionaire boss from hell. He’s my new neighbor, too.
Trent Turner is my billionaire boss next door.
Holy moly, let’s hope my career—and hormones—can survive.
Disclaimer: If you generally love to suffer, hate fun of any kind, and are allergic to laughter, this book is not for you.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- As is the case with the rest of this series, expect to laugh! And I guarantee you’ll laugh out loud at least one good time.
- Cap! He’s the best side character. You can expect hilarity every time he makes an entrance.
- Enemies to lovers trope! And to have it mixed with #bossman and #guynextdoor!
- Greer’s snark! Love it!!
- The setting! New Orleans! Again, I always love to read books set in my home state!
- When Trent decides to take control! My OH my!
- I loved that Greer doesn’t let them rush to sex.
- The Good Will Hunting reference…
- Trent finding ways to date her “in secret.” I won’t elaborate, but it was awesome!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- When they let pride get in the way. Typical, though, right?
- I didn’t feel a great personal connection to the characters or story.
I didn’t read this series in order, at all. But, I found that wasn’t necessary and it didn’t take away any of my enjoyment. This is probably my least favorite of this collection of stories, but I still thoroughly enjoyed it! I’ve said it before; if you need a good laugh, check out this series! It won’t let you down! I have thoroughly enjoyed every Max Malone book I’ve picked up thus far! Can’t wait to dive into another one!! 4 stars!
Have you read the The Billionaire Boss Next Door, or any of Max Malone’s other books? What did you think??? Have a recommendation for me?