Ali here ~
Title: The Burning Shadow
Series: Origin #2
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Release Date: Oct 8, 2019
Blurb:When Evelyn Dasher crossed paths with Luc, she was thrown headfirst into the world of the Lux—only to discover that she was already far more involved in their world than she ever suspected.
Because the Luxen aren’t the only ones with a hidden past. There’s a gap in Evie’s memory, lost months of her life and a lingering sense that something happened, something she can’t remember and nobody is willing to tell her. She needs to find out the truth about who she is—and who she was. But every answer she finds only brings up more questions.
Her search for the truth brings her ever closer to Luc, the Origin at the center of it all. He’s powerful, arrogant, inhumanly beautiful, extremely dangerous…and possibly in love with her. But even as Evie falls for him, she can’t help but wonder if his attraction is to her, or to the memory of a girl who no longer exists.
And all the while, a new threat looms: reports of a flu-like, fatal virus that the government insists is being spread by Luxen. A horrifying illness that changes whoever it touches, spreading panic across a country already at its breaking point.
#1 New York Times, USA Today, and internationally bestselling author Jennifer L. Armentrout returns to the world of the Lux with this steamy, shocking second installment of the Origin series that will leave readers reeling.
At the Publisher’s request, this title is being sold without Digital Rights Management Software (DRM) applied.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Exciting from the start! Great pacing all the way through.
- The interesting scenarios and dynamics that take place with Evie not being sure who she is anymore.
- I love Luc’s constant reassurance! His complete understanding. And I love that it’s so realistic. He gets frustrated but his love always shines through.
- Great side characters and development of them!
- Luc’s crazy Tshirts!!
- Luc’s randomness and the unique ideas he constantly comes up with, including his cheesy pickup lines! I also thoroughly enjoyed watching him crack jokes at the most off the wall times, like after serious injuries…
- Luc’s cocky arrogance. I’m beginning to think I should just be saying LUC period. Even when he did something that would aggravate me, he’d always come back with an awesome reason behind what he did.
- I don’t know how Evie can hold out so long against his charm. I’d have been a pile of mush long ago. But that slow, slow burn just added to the awesomeness! And their chemistry in general – just steamy! And the fact that he just always has to touch her in some small way.
- The plot. The many mysteries to be solved and the way the pieces are slowly filled in. And then the actual answers! Things I never even thought possible.
- It brings on the feels. ALL the feels! You’ll go through a whole gamut of emotions!
- Quotes (These are just a couple of the very awesome quotes I highlighted.) ~
“I don’t care what you call me as long as you call me yours.”
“They’re using fear and ignorance, which are the greatest and most powerful weapons of mass destruction ever created.”
***What I Didn’t Like***
- The science behind one of the scenes didn’t make sense, but I could still appreciate the scene.
Let me warn y’all ~ that ending! It’s a cliffhanger and answers all in one! I absolutely can NOT wait for the next book!! 5 Stars!!
Have you read The Burning Shadow or The Darkest Star, or maybe the Lux series? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?