Ali here ~
Title: The Kiss Quotient
Series: The Kiss Quotient #1
Author: Helen Hoang
Release Date: June 5, 2018
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Blurb: A heartwarming and refreshing debut novel that proves one thing: there’s not enough data in the world to predict what will make your heart tick.
Stella Lane thinks math is the only thing that unites the universe. She comes up with algorithms to predict customer purchases — a job that has given her more money than she knows what to do with, and way less experience in the dating department than the average thirty-year-old.
It doesn’t help that Stella has Asperger’s and French kissing reminds her of a shark getting its teeth cleaned by pilot fish. Her conclusion: she needs lots of practice — with a professional. Which is why she hires escort Michael Phan. The Vietnamese and Swedish stunner can’t afford to turn down Stella’s offer, and agrees to help her check off all the boxes on her lesson plan — from foreplay to more-than-missionary position…
Before long, Stella not only learns to appreciate his kisses, but to crave all the other things he’s making her feel. Soon, their no-nonsense partnership starts making a strange kind of sense. And the pattern that emerges will convince Stella that love is the best kind of logic…
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Great pacing and rapidly addictive!
- I love the reverse Pretty Woman!
- Stella’s awkwardness is cute, comical, and very entertaining.
- Off the charts instant chemistry that you feel every bit of! They are so very H.O.T. when together!
- Michael has infinite patience and understanding that just melts your heart!
- I loved watching the slow growth in Stella.
- I also enjoyed the little bit of mystery in the beginning with figuring out why Michael made some of his choices.
- I love that Michael has a desire to take care of those he loves. He has such a big heart!!
- This book brings on so many feels! One scene just had my heart breaking, especially when there just didn’t seem to be any wrong committed, but people were still hurting from it. You’ll also laugh, feel warm and mushy, or even dread.
- I enjoyed the diversity in the book. I’m not one that seeks out diverse books, I just read what looks good, but I still enjoyed seeing a bit of the Vietnamese culture that I don’t recall reading about before. Michael’s mom and grandmother are just awesome!
- I really enjoyed possessive, caveman Michael that would show himself on occasion.
- Quotes ~
If you can’t stand being with a woman who’s more successful than you, then leave her alone. She’s better off without you.
***What I Didn’t Like***
- Sometimes I hated hearing about Michael’s insecurities. They seemed over the top, but I get that they could still be valid. I just didn’t enjoy reading it in a couple places. I didn’t enjoy seeing him compare himself to his father.
- I didn’t understand why Michael didn’t check on Stella with her first introduction to his family. It would have all seemed like a bit much for anyone, let alone Stella.
- I didn’t get why Michael assumed that Stella was going to take off even after she confessed to being obsessed with him. I didn’t get the logic.
You can see that this book wasn’t without a few problems to me, and yet I still loved it, flaws and all, enough to give it 5 stars! It just consumed me all the way through! I loved every minute of it!!
Have you read The Kiss Quotient? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?