Ali here ~
Title: Grin & Beard It
Series: Winston Brothers #2
Author: Penny Reid
Release Date: May 31, 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Blurb: NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, & USA TODAY bestselling series
Sienna Diaz is everyone’s favorite “fat” funny lady. The movie studio executives can’t explain it, but her films are out-grossing all the fit and trim headliners and Hollywood’s most beautiful elite. The simple truth is, everyone loves plus-sized Sienna.
But she has a problem, she can’t read maps and her sense of direction is almost as bad as her comedic timing is stellar. Therefore, when Sienna’s latest starring role takes her to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park she finds herself continually lost while trying to navigate the backroads of Green Valley, Tennessee. Much to her consternation, Sienna’s most frequent savior is a ridiculously handsome, charming, and cheeky Park Ranger by the name of Jethro Winston.
Sienna is accustomed to high levels of man-handsome, so it’s not Jethro’s chiseled features or his perfect physique that make Sienna stutter. It’s his southern charm. And gentlemanly manners. And habit of looking at her too long and too often.
Sienna has successfully navigated the labyrinth of Hollywood heart-throbs. But can she traverse the tenuous trails of Tennessee without losing her head? Or worse, her heart?
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- It has a great start with great pacing that hooks you from the start!
- I love that Sienna isn’t Barbie doll sized!
- Cletus!! While this book isn’t about him, his character always shines through. LOVE him!! He’s so smart and fiercely loyal! And “delightfully odd,” as Sienna referred to him.
- It made me laugh!! Sienna is just so funny!
- Dave, Sienna’s bodyguard! He’s awesome!! Such a sweetheart!
- I love that Jethro is so unimpressed with celebrity! I could so relate to him here!
- I love the completely platonic relationship between Claire and Jethro!
- The reconnecting between Billy and Jethro!
- Cletus’s pie analogy!!
- The mushy end!!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- I didn’t like how Sienna catered to her ex, even if it was to keep the peace.
- I didn’t like that Jethro wasn’t honest and upfront with Sienna from the get go about why he didn’t want to see her.
- There were a few times that I got frustrated with Sienna for just not speaking up and being a little more assertive.
While there were a few things that bugged me, overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I can’t wait to dig further into the Winston Brothers’s stories!! 4.5 Stars!!!
Have you read Grin & Beard It or any of Penny Reid’s other books? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?