Ali here ~
Title: Kingdom of Ash
Series: Throne of Glass #37
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Release Date: Oct 23, 2018
Genres: NA Fantasy/Romance
Blurb:The final battle is here.
Aelin Galathynius has vowed to save her people―but at a tremendous cost. Locked within an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will as she endures months of torture. The knowledge that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, but her resolve is unraveling with each passing day…
With Aelin captured, friends and allies are scattered to different fates. Some bonds will grow even deeper, while others will be severed forever. As destinies weave together at last, all must fight if Erilea is to have any hope of salvation.
Years in the making, Sarah J. Maas’s New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series draws to an explosive conclusion as Aelin fights to save herself―and the promise of a better world.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- Total and complete intensity from the very start!
- Action packed and fast paced! This was by far the most action packed of the whole series! You have all these characters spread all over the place and so much is happening. And it was all built up so well that you don’t have any problems following!
- I listened to the audiobook, and let me say again that Elizabeth Evans is awesome!
- ALL THE FEELS!! ALL OF THEM!! Heartbreak, joy, peace, suffering, dread, hope, scared, and everything else!!!
- It’s not a happily ever after for all, and you just don’t know how that chips will fall. What losses you’ll take.
- Dorian and Maeve together. The way that worked out. Just yes!
- Evangeline! Yea!!
- Elide and Lorcan!! Aelin and Rowan!! Chaol and Yrene! Aedion and Lysandra!!! I just loved all that these relationships brought to the story!
- Aelin and Fenrys’s platonic relationship. Fenrys, this blink is for you! And I would VERY much like to see a little spin-off with Fenrys getting the HEA he so completely deserves!!!! He stole my heart!!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- I’m putting this under dislike because I disliked it, but I thought it was great writing ~ Aedion, did you really need to let your mouth run away with itself? Too far!! Mean. Heartbreak.
I just loved this series! It is definitely one of the most memorable series I’ve read, and I know it will stay with me always!! I’m so sad to be done! And yet, so excited for what Maas has in store for us with her next series!! 4.5 strong stars!!!
Have you read Kingdom of Ash or any of Maas’s other books? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?