Ali here ~
Title: Sorcery of Thorns
Author: Margaret Rogerson
Release Date: June 4, 2019
Genres: YA Fantasy/Romance
Blurb:All sorcerers are evil. Elisabeth has known that as long as she has known anything. Raised as a foundling in one of Austermeer’s Great Libraries, Elisabeth has grown up among the tools of sorcery—magical grimoires that whisper on shelves and rattle beneath iron chains. If provoked, they transform into grotesque monsters of ink and leather. She hopes to become a warden, charged with protecting the kingdom from their power.
Then an act of sabotage releases the library’s most dangerous grimoire. Elisabeth’s desperate intervention implicates her in the crime, and she is torn from her home to face justice in the capital. With no one to turn to but her sworn enemy, the sorcerer Nathaniel Thorn, and his mysterious demonic servant, she finds herself entangled in a centuries-old conspiracy. Not only could the Great Libraries go up in flames, but the world along with them.
As her alliance with Nathaniel grows stronger, Elisabeth starts to question everything she’s been taught—about sorcerers, about the libraries she loves, even about herself. For Elisabeth has a power she has never guessed, and a future she could never have imagined.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- You can feel the chemistry between Nathaniel and Elisabeth from their very first scene.
- Amusing and witty banter!
- The whole book works like a puzzle that you have to go around collecting the pieces to.
- Elisabeth is bright. She’s a thinker!
- Nathaniel is arrogant in an amusing and endearing way.
- A demon that might have a heart!
- I love watching Nathaniel battle his feelings for Elisabeth.
- I love Elisabeth’s “won’t give up” attitude.
- A dread-filled climax!
- Nathaniel’s terms of endearment ~ like “menace”
- Great quotes!!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- The only thing I would have changed is that Nathaniel’s ability to use magic was a bit inconsistent.
Overall, I really enjoyed this book and I’m looking forward to reading more from Margaret Rogerson! I’d really like to see a sequel to this one!!!
Have you read Sorcery of Thorns? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?
I totally get what you mean about the “menace” nickname. I just read a book where there heroine was nicknamed “trouble” by the guy and it was so cute!
Yes! It was so endearing!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So glad to hear you enjoyed this one too. There’s something about this book that was just so feel good. It was an awesome read!
It is definitely an awesome read!!