Ali here ~
Title: Beard in Mind
Series: Winston Brothers #4
Author: Penny Reid
Release Date: July 31, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance
Blurb: He hates everything about her, so why can’t he get her out of his mind?
★★★★★ Goodreads Choice Award Semi-Finalist for Best Romance ★★★★★
From the NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, & USA TODAY bestselling series
All is fair in love and auto maintenance.
Beau Winston is the nicest, most accommodating guy in the world. Usually.
Handsome as the devil and twice as charismatic, Beau lives a charmed life as everyone’s favorite Winston Brother. But since his twin decided to leave town, and his other brother hired a stunning human-porcupine hybrid as a replacement mechanic for their auto shop, Beau Winston’s charmed life has gone to hell in a handbasket.
Shelly Sullivan is not nice and is never accommodating. Ever.
She mumbles to herself, but won’t respond when asked a question. She glares at everyone, especially babies. She won’t shake hands with or touch another person, but has no problems cuddling with a dog. And her damn parrot speaks only in curse words. Beau wants her gone. He wants her out of his auto shop, out of Tennessee, and out of his life.
The only problem is, learning why this porcupine wears her coat of spikes opens a Pandora’s box of complexity—exquisite, tempting, heartbreaking complexity—and Beau Winston soon discovers being nice and accommodating might mean losing what matters most.
Beard in Mind is book #4 in the Winston Brothers series. Each book is a standalone, full length (110k words), contemporary romantic comedy novel, and follows the romantic exploits and adventures of one of the six Winston Brothers.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- I think my absolute favorite thing about this book is the uniqueness of Shelly’s character and the in-depth view we get of what OCD is really like.
- It’s HOT and steamy! Definite chemistry happening!
- I liked getting Beau’s perspective of what was happening during Beard Science.
- Beau’s dream about Shelly that didn’t include any sex. Sigh. Swoon!
- Toilet jokes before 7am amongst the brothers. Their family dynamics are just awesome!!
- Beau has the absolute biggest heart!
- Brings on so many feels!!
- It’s funny!
- It’s sweet!
- Read/listen to the author’s acknowledgments/note. Love it!
***What I Didn’t Like***
- I didn’t get the fact that at work Shelly wanted to hide her arms, but out in public she’d wear tank tops.
I loved this book! I do have a thing for awkward and quirky characters, though. I am so looking forward to the last few books of this series and then reading all of the other connected series!! 4.5 stars!
Have you read Beard in Mind or any of Penny Reid’s other books? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?