Ali here ~
Title: Trusting Winter
Series: Unexpected Love #3
Author: Lora Richardson
Release Date: Nov 5, 2019
Genres: YA Contemporary Romance
Blurb: He wants to date her, but she’s afraid of being hurt. He’s persistent, but she’s unwavering. Which one will get what they want?
Once people find out my parents are in prison and I’ve spent half my life in foster care, they write me off. Moving from one place to another, living with strangers, and making friends only to move away, has worn down my heart. It’s easier to keep people at a distance than it is to feel the pain of another good-bye, so that’s what I do.
But I’ve never known anyone like Eddie. He’s open and trusting and carefree. So, basically my opposite. He has these blue eyes that see right through me, and he makes me want to spill all my secrets and drop all my walls and let him in.
The problem is, I’m sure it won’t be long before I have to leave. Nothing ever lasts for me, and I don’t imagine this will, either. My heart can’t take leaving behind one more person I love, so I just won’t love anyone.
Trusting Winter is Book 3 in the Unexpected Love series, but can be enjoyed as a standalone.
*****What I Loved About This Book*****
- While this works just fine as a standalone, it left me definitely wanting to go back to pick up the rest of the series!
- I love Eddie’s exuberance! He’s also understand and intuitive. I so love that he was willing to be whatever she’d allow him to be in her life. If she could only handle friendship, that’s what he was offering! But, he also encouraged her and slowly pushed her to achieve more in her life. He’s such a sweetie!!
- Greta and Meredith’s persistent understanding, patience, and support.
- This isn’t labeled as a romance on Goodreads, but I still labeled it as such. I think it’s the biggest part of this story. However, it is definitely more than that!
- Rev’s uncle!! He has no clue what he’s doing but he has such a heart for her! I loved watching the bond between them slowly grow.
- Rev will do and say some things that are so not cool, but you understand with what she’s been through and what she’s going through that she’s trying to protect herself. And, her negative actions aren’t over the top.
***What I Didn’t Like***
- At one point Eddie says that he doesn’t do casual dating, but he almost did. This wasn’t a huge thing, and you see that it was a case of good intentions gone bad.
Characters raised in foster care always seem to grab my heart and this was no exception! I’m really looking forward to the other books in this series. 4 Stars!
Have you read Trusting Winter or any of Lora Richardson’s other books? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?