Ali here ~
Title: My True Love Gave to Me
Series: The Marvelous Munroes #1
Author: Regina Scott
Release Date: Dec 1, 1998
Genres: Historical Romance/ Holiday/ Regency
Christmas, a time of peace on earth, joy…and love?Genevieve Munroe is determined to give her newly impoverished family one last happy Christmas, including making peace with their long-time rivals, the Pentercasts. But she is shocked when the handsome oldest son Alan proposes a wager: if he can give her all the gifts from the Twelve Days of Christmas song, without spending a penny, she must marry him. Alan’s wild gambit is his last-ditch effort to win Gen’s heart. After all, no Munroe would ever consider marrying a Pentercast. But perhaps the joy of Christmas can open her eyes to the man behind the wager, a man determined to turn the twelve days of Christmas into a lifetime of love.Book 1 in The Marvelous Munroes series, this sweet, clean traditional Regency romance was originally published as The Twelve Days of Christmas by Zebra Regency.
*****What I Enjoyed*****
- You quickly feel for what Gen is going through, and the whole scenario fit perfectly with the time period. That was awesome for me because I’ve read several historical fictions this month where that wasn’t the case.
- There’s a mystery to solve, which leads to a bit of excitement!
- I love how the 12 days of Christmas play into the story!
- It’s absolutely sweet!
- It left me wanting more, and I don’t mean unfulfilled. I mean I want to read more about them because I really enjoyed them!! Alan can be a bit clueless at times, but you see his heart. And you can feel the natural chemistry between them.
*****What I Didn’t Enjoy*****
- The book opens with the POV of a man who isn’t much even mentioned in the rest of the story, and I just don’t understand that. But really, I don’t have much to complain about with this one.
I enjoyed this enough that I’m definitely looking forward to reading more of the series! 4.5 stars! Perfect for those of you that enjoy historical romances and especially if you’re looking for a holiday read.
Have you read My True Love Gave to Me or any of Scott’s other books? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?