Ali here ~
Title: Dark Tempest
Series: Red Winter Trilogy #2
Author: Annette Marie
Release Date: Jan 6, 2017
Genres: YA Fantasy/Mythology/Romance
Emi has dedicated her life to becoming the perfect vessel for the goddess Amaterasu, but the insidious betrayal of another deity has changed everything. Now Amaterasu has charged Emi with an urgent mission: to find and free the earthly gods before mankind is brought to its knees beneath divine tyranny.
At her side is Shiro, the mysterious fox spirit. When she first saved his life, she could never have imagined that behind his cunning and confidence, he was lost—his power bound by a devastating curse and his memories obscured. His veiled history is somehow tied to the missing gods, but he can’t remember how or why.
As their search leads them into the murky depths of the spirit realm, the shadows of Shiro’s past begin to emerge. With each brief awakening of his true self, she loses a little more of him. The fate of the heavens and earth rest in her mortal hands, and she must find the missing gods before time runs out for her world—and for Shiro.
*****What I Enjoyed*****
- The continuous burn that gradually builds between Emi & Shiro
- The addition of the tree sprites.
- Shiro – I loves his alpha tendencies. He’s possessive and commanding without being over the top. His reactions when she’s hurt or in danger….just swoon!
- Lots of action and adventure! Poisonous gases and 8-headed dragons!!
- Pulls on all the feels!
- The spider battle!
- The building anxiety with each removal of the beads!
*****What I Didn’t Enjoy*****
- Emi let Shiro get really close to her physically when he had pulled away emotionally. This was just a short scene, but it bugged me.
This follow up to Red Winter did not at all disappoint. I absolutely LOVED it!! I can’t wait to read the last book. And, I’ll definitely be reading more Annette Marie beyond that! 5 STARS!!!!!
Have you read the Red Winter Trilogy or any of Annette Maries’s other books? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me? I wonder which of her books I should pick up next.