Ali here ~
Title: The Air He Breathes
Series: Elements #1
Author: Brittainy C. Cherry
Release Date: Sept 25, 2015
Genres: Contemporary Romance
I was warned about Tristan Cole.
“Stay away from him,” people said.
It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.
But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.
We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.
Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.
*****What I Enjoyed*****
- Sucks you in immediately and doesn’t let you go. This book kept me up all night reading. I could not put it down!
- Tristan Cole! He loves so big!
- Love after Loss
- Faye is an amusing side character.
- The book will take you through ALL the FEELS!! It’ll break you and put you back together. At one point I was feeling utterly heartbroken and I was laughing at the same time.
- This is one of the most quotable books! It is full of so many awesome little bits of wisdom. There are some great messages packed into the pages and it’s a bit eye opening.
- I struggled a little connecting with Elizabeth’s character in the beginning, but watching her grow was part of the beauty of this book.
*****What I Didn’t Enjoy*****
- The switch from Tristan’s indifference to his infatuation happened just a tad too swiftly for me.
- There was one scene where Tristan’s reaction didn’t seem to fit his character to me. This was just a one-time thing, though.
Overall, this story was just all-consuming! Cherry will break your heart and then piece you back together. I can’t wait to read more from her!!
Challenges: Finishing the Series, Popsugar, Beat the Backlist, Goodreads
Have you read The Air He Breathes? What did you think? Have a recommendation for me?