Ali here ~
Thanks so much to Nikita at Prose & Pancakes for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! If you aren’t already following her, then what are you waiting for?!?
What is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
Do you watch book-to-movie adaptations? Which ones are your favorite?
Yes, I love watching my favorite books on the screen. Sometimes it’s disappointing, but other times it’s awesome. Here are a couple of my faves: Jane Eyre and Pride & Prejudice.
Can you name an underrated book you read and loved?
I wouldn’t say I absolutely loved this book, but I did enjoy it better than it’s Goodreads rating.
3. Do you read or write fanfiction?
I have read a little fanfiction but never written any.
4. How did you fall in love with reading? When did it happen?
My sister loaned me the book Twilight and I was hooked. This was probably the end of 2008. I had been reading a lot of things for educational purposes before this, but it was the first time I LOVED reading.
5. Do you have hobbies other than reading books and blogging about them? If yes, what are they?
Camping, hiking, gardening on occasion, cooking/baking on occasion (I don’t so much enjoy the usual grind of preparing dinner every night), crafts with my daughter of different sorts, board games, bullet journaling, learning other languages, disc golf, cornhole, piano, watching movies…I have a lot of different things I enjoy doing. LOL! But truthfully I only do a couple of these each week. Reading/blogging definitely gets a lot of my time, along with homeschooling my youngest 2 kids (oldest is graduated and in college) and a few other kids.
6. Which book is closest to your heart?
This probably seems funny, but it holds a special place in my heart. I had a couple friends that I would say were pretty good friends and we started a book club. Probably because of the content in this book and the discussions we had, well our good friend status changed to GREAT friends status. These couple friends are now my family. We’re as close as blood. Love them to pieces and will forever be grateful to this book because of that.
7. What would be the title of the book based on your life?
Life and Times of a Happily Married, Book-Loving, Homeschooling, Mother of 3 #TotallyBlessed
8. What’s one movie you want to be novelized?
Hmm, I always think of this the other way around. Great question.
Leap Year is one of my absolute favorite rom-coms, so I think I’ll go with it.
9. You can only either read graphic novels or fanfiction. Which one do you choose?
A graphic novel. I want to be able to hold it in my hands.
10. Book blogging or BookTube- which one do you like more?
I would have to say blogging, but only because of time restraints. Watching videos takes up a lot more time, so I don’t get to watch vlogs near as much as I can blog hop.
11. What’s one thing book blogging has taught you?
Another great question!! Don’t be afraid to try something new. I put off starting my blog for years because of fear of the unknown. So glad I finally jumped in!!
1. The Geekish Brunette
2. Books and Coffee
3. Raya’s Reads
5. Lisas Books Gems and Tarot
6. Misty’s Book Space
7. Read With Me
8. Alba and Her Secrets
9. Fazila’s Book Review Corner
10. Bookaholic Brittany
11. A Lovely Book Affair
1. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
2. What is something you learned from a book?
3. What is your most anticipated read this year?
4. What are 3 words that sum up your life?
5. Are you looking forward to any movies this year based off of a book?
6. How long have you been blogging?
7. How many books do you tend to read a week?
8. Do you tend to stick to one genre or do you prefer to mix it up.
9. What is one personal goal for the year?
10. What other blogger do you feel has similar reading tastes to you?
11. Do you have a favorite booktuber?