Thanks so much to Nikki at Synopses by Sarge for the nomination!! Be sure to go check out Nikki’s blog if you aren’t already!!
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice.
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
Also, a huge thanks to Okoto from Okoto Enigma’s Blog for creating this award to bring light to wonderful bloggers!
3 Things About Myself
I’m going to try to think of 3 things that I haven’t mentioned before, or that I might have only rarely mentioned.
- My name is Alison. It’s what I usually go by. Ali actually sprang from my original blog name, Ali’s Books, which I only went with because I liked the ring of it better than Alison’s Books. I do have a few family members that call me Ali and my mom usually calls me Alice. I don’t mind this in the least, and I’ll definitely answer to it. I just think of myself as Alison. As a matter of fact, I had already been thinking of mentioning this because I wanted to start signing my posts as Alison. It just feels more me. So, I’ll start this post doing that.
- I raced dirt track cars in high school. I was only 1 of 3 girls/women that raced at our local track. The other two were my best friend and my mom. And to add to this, I met my husband at the track. A mutual friend, whose father raced against my mom and my hubs father, introduced us. I was only 15 then. I started racing at 16 and I believe it was the following year that my husband started racing. Our mutual friend, Dustin, who is still my hubbies best friend and business partner, started racing a year or two after that.
- I don’t enjoy it when a woman in a romance novel starts berating a man for being a gentleman. I have put down some books that were otherwise very good because I couldn’t handle the women being so mean to the guys every time they tried to do something nice for them. I’m fine with them having different opinions than mine on what they want from their men. I just don’t like the meanness. I much prefer for her to let him know in a respectful way that she doesn’t like whatever it is he was trying to do for her.
Nikki’s Questions for Me
1. What is one personal goal you have for 2020?
I want to get at least one major home improvement project completed.
2. If you received $1M, what would you do with it?
kids’ college, pay off house, charity, buy my hubs a new vehicle, invest in my hubs business, invest in my own business,etc.
3. What is one backlist book you’ve been meaning to read for years and haven’t?
I know! It’s a little crazy that I haven’t read this yet.
4. What is a new bookish goal for 2020 that you haven’t done prior?
I made a list of authors that I want to try this year, which you can find HERE.
5. If you could meet any author, who would it be and why?
Is it okay if I go with a deceased author? I’d choose Jane Austen. Her books are timeless and she tackled huge issues, many of which we are still being faced with.
All of you!! Any one that wants to answer my questions is invited. Let me know you did, and I’ll tag you in this post.
My Questions ~
1. Who is your all-time favorite author?
2. Which book are you most wanting to get to this year from your backlist?
3. What is your favorite cover from this month?
4. What is something personal that you haven’t yet shared on your blog?
5. Do you track any reading or blogging stats, and if so, how?? Goodreads, bullet journal, spreadsheets, etc.