Ali here ~
Series: Bright Side #2
Author: Kim Holden
Release Date: May 19, 2015
Genres: NA Contemporary Romance
The journey that began in top-rated, best-selling Bright Side, continues …
This is the story of Gus.
And healing along the way.
“ … but the honest-to-God truth is I don’t even know how to function anymore. Bright Side wasn’t only my best friend; she was like my other half … the other half of my brain, the other half of my conscience, the other half of my sense of humor, the other half of my creativity, the other half of my heart. How do you go back to doing what you did before, when half of you is gone forever?”
- I think I could literally write a book about everything I love about Gus. His heart for people is soooo big. I needed him to find his happy more than I might have ever needed a character to be happy before.
- The Feels in this book! When Gus is grieving, it’s palpable.
- This book sucks you in from the get go and doesn’t let go. The writing is beautiful! So many wonderful quotes and great dialogue!
- The Bromance between Gus & Keller is epic!
- Impatient and everything she has gone through make her so incredibly perfect for Gus.
- All the side characters are wonderful! I absolutely love Paxton and his impact on the story. And let me not forget the elderly neighbor that Gus has such a soft spot for.
- The only issue I could have taken was how Gus’s mom missed what was going on with him while he was on tour since she talked to him every day.
- I loved seeing Bright Side’s continuous impact on those she loved!
Honestly, I just loved every freaking minute of this book! I really had such low expectations because how could anything live up to Bright Side? And while I wouldn’t compare them that way after reading this, I still have to say that this book is wonderful! 5 Stars!!
Challenges: Finishing the Series, Library Love, Popsugar, Beat the Backlist, Wizarding World Tour, A to Z Reading Challenge, Goodreads
Have you read Gus or Bright Side? Or do you plan to? Have any recommendations?