Ali here ~
Title: Unravel Me
Series: Shatter Me #2
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Release Date: Feb 5, 2013
Genres: YA Sci-Fi/Dystopian/Romance
It should have taken Juliette a single touch to kill Warner. But his mysterious immunity to her deadly power has left her shaken, wondering why her ultimate defense mechanism failed against the person she most needs protection from.
She and Adam were able to escape Warner’s clutches and join up with a group of rebels, many of whom have powers of their own. Juliette will finally be able to actively fight against The Reestablishment and try to fix her broken world. And perhaps these new allies can help her shed light on the secret behind Adam’s—and Warner’s—immunity to her killer skin.
Juliette’s world is packed with high-stakes action and tantalizing romance, perfect for fans of the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard and the Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken.
- Quickly addictive as with all the books in this series so far. Warner’s character especially glued me to the pages.
- I absolutely love Warner’s passion for Juliette. I’m obviously Team Warner all the way, but I so love Adam, too. I am so rooting for both Warner and Adam and really want to see them both happy.
- This book brings on some serious feels with one completely heartbreaking scene.
- I love all the mystery and getting the story through Juliette’s eyes really adds to this since she is so clueless. Speaking of clueless, it makes sense considering her life up to this point. But, there are some times where she seems too naive, and that was bothersome for me.
- Another issue with this book was that it took Adam and Juliette way to long to talk things through. And then there was one chapter that just completely didn’t make sense. It was very short, and I just didn’t understand it’s purpose.
- Back on the plus side, there was a mega twist I didn’t see coming.
- Overall enjoyment – very good. Not outstanding but not just mediocre either.
4 Stars for this one!!
Challenges: Finishing the Series, Wizarding World Tour, A to Z Reading Challenge, Goodreads
Have you read Unravel Me or any of the Shatter Me series? Or do you plan to? I know some of you are anti triangles and I get that. How do you feel about dystopian? Have any recommendations?