Last month I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Carl over at The Pine-Scented Chronicles. If you don’t already follow The Pine-Scented Chronicles, please go rectify that now! Thanks so much, Carl!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you have uploaded your post
Carl’s Questions (These are definitely deep in comparison to the usual!) ~
What inspires you to keep on going every single day?
Faith, Family, and Friends
How do you define happiness?
Hmm. Well, first I should say that I believe there’s a difference between happiness and joy. Joy to me is something deeper, but for me happiness is being pleased and/or content in the moment I’m in.
What made you want to start writing?
Great question! Unfortunately I don’t have an answer because I don’t even remember a time when I didn’t want to write.
What do you look for in a good book or a good movie?
Something that consumes me. I want to be immersed in that world – to feel like I’m there and no longer a part of reality.
Is who you are right now who you envisioned yourself to be when you were younger? If no, would you go back in time to change it?
LOL! That’s a big ole NOPE. I envisioned I’d be a neurosurgeon and completely independent. I was definitely never going to put myself in the position to have to rely upon a husband for support of any kind… Y’all, I am a stay-at-home homeschooling mom. Would I change it? Not for all the money in the world. I was talking about joy and happiness earlier, and my cup runneth over!
Is there a movie or a book you felt a strong connection with? What book or movie and how does it relate to you?
I’ve mentioned it before, but Veronica is the most recent character that I felt a deep connection to since we both have a brain tumor accompanied by migraines. I could so relate to almost everything she was going through emotionally.
Who is that one person who inspired you the most or who has made the biggest impact in your life?
I don’t have just one person that stands out in my life. For me it has really been a ton of different people who did or said something at one particular moment in time that affected me in profound ways.
Give your three biggest life lessons.
Wow. That’s a big one. Honestly probably too big for my brain, so I’ll just share the first three that come to mind.
- Have fun, but not at the expense of others.
- Don’t live beyond your means and be content with what you have.
- Love BIG.
Once all quarantine and lockdown restrictions are lifted, what are the top three things you look forward to doing the most?
We are no longer under quarantine here, but there are still a lot of limitations. The biggest thing now is that we can’t visit my dad or grandmother. My dad is just too scared to be around people right now since he’s taking care of my grandmother who is almost 90. So, I’m most looking forward to being able to visit my grandmother.
The Golden Rule states that you should “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you“. What act/s of kindness have you received that you want to repay or to pay forward?
Great question! At the beginning of the year I made it one of my goals to do a daily random act of kindness. I don’t think I’ve achieved this every single day, but I have definitely made leaps in practicing daily kindness, and hopefully I’m passing out more than I’m receiving.
An aspiring blogger approached you. What is going to be your first piece of advice?
Have fun. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Find what works for you and change it when it no longer does. Talk to other bloggers who are blogging about the same sort of things you are.
I nominate ALL of You! Anyone that wants to participate. My questions are below. Just shoot me a link in the comments and I’ll be sure to link up to you!
- Do you have one book that made you realize you love reading?
- How do you most love spending your time besides reading/blogging?
- Do you prefer city life or country living?
- What fictional place would you most want to travel to?
- Is there a genre you wish you read more often?
- What character most reminds you of yourself?
- Is there a character that inspired a change in your life?
- Do you prefer libraries or book stores? Own or borrow?
- How has COVID impacted your reading this year?
- What upcoming 2020 release are you still looking forward to?
- What are your 5 favorite bloggers, bookstagrammers, or booktubers?