I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award this go around by Julie @ One Book More. Julie and I have very similar reading tastes, and I’m always jealous of the sheer amount of reviews she cranks out. One of these days we’re gonna do a buddy read! If you don’t already follow her, please rectify that now! If you like my blog, I have no doubt you’ll love hers!!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What’s your most anticipated read for the rest of 2021?
Yes, I know that this is already out, but I haven’t read it yet, so it remains my most anticipated read.
2. What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
I regrettably didn’t read much as a child. It’s one of my biggest regrets as a kid. But, I did squeeze in a bit of Nancy Drew.
3. If you could turn any book or series into a movie/film, which would you choose?
There are tons of books/series that I’d love to see as a movie/series, but this series is definitely right there at the top.
4. Have you ever written or considered writing a book?
I actually wrote a book all the way through its completion. Then I gave up in the editing process when I found a major plot problem. I couldn’t figure out how to rectify it. And now at this point, I’d rather rewrite a whole new book than to fix it because I’m just not feeling the story anymore. Writings something I enjoy once in a blue moon rather than daily, though.
5. What would be the title of the book based on your life?
Hmm. What Joy and Contentment Looks Like. That’s the first thing that comes to mind. I tend to be pretty happy with my life. I’m completely blessed – not that I haven’t had any struggles.
6. If they make a movie based on your life, who would you cast as actor/actress for your role?
Yikes, this is the sort of question I’m no good at. Thinking….nope sorry I’m drawing complete blanks.
7. What is your favorite read of 2021?
Maybe??? It’s way too hard to decide!
8. What are you currently reading?
9. Is there a book you keep saying “One day I will read it” but you never do?
Umm, yes…about a million of them. It’s not that I don’t really want to read them, there’s just too many books and so little time! Here’s a few ~
10. Can you name an underrated book you read and loved?
I so thoroughly enjoyed this whole series!
11. What’s one book you wish you could reread for the first time?
Yes, it’s cliche, and I seriously doubt reading it at this point in my life for the first time would impact me the way it did back then. But, I don’t think another book has hit me quite as hard as this series in that moment. If I had to pick another one, it would be this ~
I Nominate ~
Please don’t feel obligated to participate! Just count it as a free shout out and encouragement for others to check out your blog!
Georgia @ Lost in Neverland
Misty @ Misty’s Book Space
Dini @ Dinipandareads
Jolie @ Read With Me
Ashmita @ The Fictional Journal
Yvonne @ It’s All About Books
Louise @ Lou’s Book Stuff
Ahaana @ Windows to Worlds
Mary @ Sophril Reads
Etta @ Chonky Books
Carl @ The Pine-Scented Chronicles
My Questions ~
- What has been your favorite book(s) this year?
- What is your most anticipated release for the latter half of this year?
- Are there certain tropes you steer away from while reading?
- Name a topic/subject/thing you wish you saw more of in books.
- Name one book you think everyone should read.
- Do you like a strict reading schedule, or are you a total mood reader? Or somewhere in between?
- Do you have one author that over the years has never disappointed you – you’ve loved all of their books?
- Do you tend to stick to one genre or do you prefer reading ALL the books?
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation?
- What book/series would you like to see as a movie/series?
- How do you like to get your books? Publishers, Netgalley, buy, borrow, book boxes, etc.?