The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.
It’s been a week full of Christmasy things for us. We picked out our tree (we get real trees) and got it decorated. I watched some Christmas movies/shows with my daughter. And we decked the halls (and the outdoors). Yesterday I attended a Ladies’ Favorite Things Brunch and it was a lot of fun. Then we had friends over to watch the Georgia/LSU game. So, it’s been a great week!
What I Read Last Week
- Riven Knight was my favorite read this week. I have heard so many great things about this series, but I’ve been reluctant to read this second book. While I thought the first book was okay, I didn’t love it as much as so many others did. However, I loved Tragic in the Lark Cove series. And when I discovered that Kaine’s brother, Isaiah, would be the hero in this book, I couldn’t resist. I already knew about the tragedy that Isaiah was going to be coming off, so my heart was already going out to him. Seeing how Perry tied together the two series through this book was awesome, and I loved how it was connected to the first book in the Clifton Forge series. Isaiah and Genevieve stole my hearts. It was the perfect slow burn loaded with suspense, a bit of tears, but lots of love. 4.5 Stars
- The Make-Up Test was mostly okay for me. There were some amusing parts that I found better than okay, but there were other parts I didn’t love. I am always on board with fat girl reps being that I proudly fit that category. I could also relate to Allison’s (we also share a name, though spelled differently) having to deal with a critical father. But, there were lots of miscommunication and lack of communication and lack of understanding that was happening that I found frustrating. Plus, I think I wanted to see a bit more character growth. 3.5 Stars
- I was pleasantly surprised when the ARC for Queen of Myth and Monsters showed up at my door. It was a solid 4 star read for me. I’ll have a full review posted soon.
- Single All the Way was also a little bit of a struggle for me. Dani lies her way through the whole book, which I’m not a fan of at all. And she also seemed to want a man in her life, and it didn’t matter too much which man. I was pleasantly surprised by Rex, though. I loved the whole things aren’t always what they appear to be when it came to him, and he was the highlight of the book for me.
- Montana Christmas was a very short novella, and I knew that going into it, so I didn’t have high expectations for deep connections. While I didn’t love it entirely, it was still a solid 4 stars for me with what we got and knowing it was going to be super short. Sometimes I just want a bite-sized story.
What I Posted Last Week
That’s how my week went. How was yours??